Welcome

Welcome to "Better Golfing" - the site for the golfing community at large.
Whether you have just started playing golf or whether you are an accomplished player this site is for you.
In this website I plan to give you some honest opinions on equipment but more importantly give you a reality check on YOU. You are different to me and you are different to Tiger.
With some honest opinion and advice, the correct basic equipment and a little bit of practice we will get you on the road to Better Golfing!

Better Golfing - Simply.

With "Better Golfing" I hope to get you to relax about the game of golf, enjoy it to the best of your ability, accept your limitations, retain your competitive edge and celebrate your achievements. We need to learn to enjoy to the full those days when "everything goes right" and accept the times when "absolutley nothing you do works". I welcome your participation by way of anectodes, questions and opinions - please contribute freely. With your input I hope to make this a place where we can all enjoy the game more and all move on to "Better Golfing".

Let's Talk Golf!

Golf is probably the most mysterious game of all and is pretty unique in many aspects. First and foremost it is a game that involves a static ball. In most other games the ball is moving at a high speed and the participants either have to hit, catch, kick, dodge, steer or guide it somewhere. There are no two golf courses that are the same, and all golf course are altered daily by moving the teeing ground and or moving the pin location. No two shots ARE EVER the same. Participants have an array of up to 14 clubs to choose from for each shot. It is a game where the partcipant is the referee. The game relies on the honesty of each golfer to ensure the rules are adhered to. How unique is that? Golf is played year round - weather permitting. There are only 34 rules in golf. These 34 rules and the various definitions cover any situation that may arise in the course of a round of golf.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Getting Rid Of That Goddam Slice!!!!!!!!!!

I remember when I started golf some years ago how a slice invaded my game from the first day. It was such a bad slice I couldn't even allow for it and the harder I tried to get rid of it the more pronounced it got. I absolutely hated that slice.
My local pro sorted it out for me at the time but it did take a few lessons and games. And of course that all cost a bit of money - but at the time I would have done anything to get rid of it
I distinctly recall that I had two basic problems. The first was in the grip where I was holding the club in such a manner that my hands were not working enough through impact. By that I mean I addressed the ball with an open club face and my grip did not allow my hands any room to roll in order to get the club face square at impact.
The second and bigger fault was that I was casting and therefore coming across the ball through impact. This caused even more side spin on the ball.
You see there are only two things that can cause a slice and that is the angle of the club face through impact and also the swing path through impact. I had both wrong. I had to sort one out first and then work on the other.
David Nevogt, author of "The Simple Golf Swing" realizes that the majority of golfers are high handicappers and most of them suffer with a slice. Something like 71% of golfers fall into this category. It's kinda reassuring to know that I wasn't alone with my problem.
Anyway David has analyzed the golf swing over a number of years and, like me, he believes that we complicate things for ourselves by getting too technical. In his "The Simple Golf Swing" instruction e-book David gives easy-to-follow tips on the entire golf swing and does not complicate issues. He could have called his book "A Duffer's Guide To Playing Good Golf".
His stated aim is to get golfers to shoot under 80 and he guarantees that you will cut between 7 and 12 shots off your game within two weeks!
The instructions include everything from grip to follow through and includes drills on all aspects of the game. For a short time he is including "The Simple Chip" as a bonus when you purchase "The Simple Golf Swing".
For the price of one golf lesson you can have all the lessons you want in a simple, easy to follow instruction manual which you can refer to time and time again.
Oh and as well as guaranteeing you will drop between 7 and 12 strokes off your handicap within two weeks David also offers a 60 day money back guarantee.
I don't know of any other offer that is as simple and as good - I sure wish we had this when I started out. It would have saved me a lot of golf balls and a heap of frustration (not to mention all the money I lost in bets!!)
Click here for more information on "The Simple Golf Swing".

No comments: