Welcome

Welcome to "Better Golfing" - the site for the golfing community at large.
Whether you have just started playing golf or whether you are an accomplished player this site is for you.
In this website I plan to give you some honest opinions on equipment but more importantly give you a reality check on YOU. You are different to me and you are different to Tiger.
With some honest opinion and advice, the correct basic equipment and a little bit of practice we will get you on the road to Better Golfing!

Better Golfing - Simply.

With "Better Golfing" I hope to get you to relax about the game of golf, enjoy it to the best of your ability, accept your limitations, retain your competitive edge and celebrate your achievements. We need to learn to enjoy to the full those days when "everything goes right" and accept the times when "absolutley nothing you do works". I welcome your participation by way of anectodes, questions and opinions - please contribute freely. With your input I hope to make this a place where we can all enjoy the game more and all move on to "Better Golfing".

Let's Talk Golf!

Golf is probably the most mysterious game of all and is pretty unique in many aspects. First and foremost it is a game that involves a static ball. In most other games the ball is moving at a high speed and the participants either have to hit, catch, kick, dodge, steer or guide it somewhere. There are no two golf courses that are the same, and all golf course are altered daily by moving the teeing ground and or moving the pin location. No two shots ARE EVER the same. Participants have an array of up to 14 clubs to choose from for each shot. It is a game where the partcipant is the referee. The game relies on the honesty of each golfer to ensure the rules are adhered to. How unique is that? Golf is played year round - weather permitting. There are only 34 rules in golf. These 34 rules and the various definitions cover any situation that may arise in the course of a round of golf.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

A Session At The Range

Following on my trip to Taupo and my rounds of golf at Wairake and Tokoroa I've been giving my golf a bit of thought.
Using The Mental Keys to Improve Your Golf whilst playing is one thing but what you learn on the golf course should then be applied in practice.
My rounds had their fair share of good and bad shots and each was analyzed. Whilst the process mentioned in Michael Anthony's book kept me from getting angry with myself and not enjoying my game it also showed me that some of the bad shots were from a basic mechanical problem. A problem which I couldn't fix whilst playing so had to adjust and accept it on the day.
However now that I am home I do have the opportunity to do something about it and this morning I went up to the club to hit a bucket of balls. Now practicing is totally different to playing and you are allowed to think and try and remember where your left elbow, or weight, or right knee, or wrist cock, or angel of club face is. All I had to work on was one thing, based on my analysis of the past two games and within minutes I had the ball going exactly where I wanted it to. It went so well I even put my name down for a game on Saturday!
I know I have been plugging "The Mental Keys to Improve Your Golf Game" but I really do believe in it and would be very comfortable if all my golfing friends bought it. It works if you just apply it.

No comments: