Welcome

Welcome to "Better Golfing" - the site for the golfing community at large.
Whether you have just started playing golf or whether you are an accomplished player this site is for you.
In this website I plan to give you some honest opinions on equipment but more importantly give you a reality check on YOU. You are different to me and you are different to Tiger.
With some honest opinion and advice, the correct basic equipment and a little bit of practice we will get you on the road to Better Golfing!

Better Golfing - Simply.

With "Better Golfing" I hope to get you to relax about the game of golf, enjoy it to the best of your ability, accept your limitations, retain your competitive edge and celebrate your achievements. We need to learn to enjoy to the full those days when "everything goes right" and accept the times when "absolutley nothing you do works". I welcome your participation by way of anectodes, questions and opinions - please contribute freely. With your input I hope to make this a place where we can all enjoy the game more and all move on to "Better Golfing".

Let's Talk Golf!

Golf is probably the most mysterious game of all and is pretty unique in many aspects. First and foremost it is a game that involves a static ball. In most other games the ball is moving at a high speed and the participants either have to hit, catch, kick, dodge, steer or guide it somewhere. There are no two golf courses that are the same, and all golf course are altered daily by moving the teeing ground and or moving the pin location. No two shots ARE EVER the same. Participants have an array of up to 14 clubs to choose from for each shot. It is a game where the partcipant is the referee. The game relies on the honesty of each golfer to ensure the rules are adhered to. How unique is that? Golf is played year round - weather permitting. There are only 34 rules in golf. These 34 rules and the various definitions cover any situation that may arise in the course of a round of golf.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

New Website

It has been a long time since I put up any posts on this site. My apologies to anyone actually reading it.
I have been busy, no excuse but true.
Through Wealthy Affiliate University I have been learning all about Internet Marketing. I can make money doing what I love- helping people to improve their golf.
I have also been learning how to build websites and this is totally uncharted territory for me. Man what a learning curve it has been. I think golf is easier!
There is so much to learn that by the end of the week I have sometimes forgotten what I learned at the beginning of the week
Anyway I have a website which is work in progress called Play The Lie.
Check it out and tell me what you think. Please bear in mind that it is work in progress and I go back to it regularly to update it. I have been meaning to get back and do the short game pages but something keeps cropping up and I haven't been able to get around to it just yet. For example this weekend is my son's 21st and that has taken a bit of time to organize.
I have also recently had the good fortune to come across Teddy Webber, an old friend of mine. Teddy is a former European Tour Pro who grew up and played with the Zimbabwean golfers Nick Price, Tony Johnstone, Dennis Watson and Mark McNulty.
Teddy's playing career was curtailed by what was diagnosed as the "Chipping Yips" which he attributes to a bad grip. Yes even successful pros have such ingrained faults that they seemingly cannot be cured.
Teddy left the circuit and went on to become one of South Africa's leading coaching pros. He has a coaching tutorial out at the moment which you can view here. The book sells for $21.95 and at that ridiculous price is excellent value for money
Now the name of the tutorial is horrible and he puts far too much info into it for the paltry price he is asking.
On my recommendation he will be changing all that. The new name will be "Simple Swing Lesson" and the book will be split into six different books. Simple Swing Lesson, Simple Chipping Lesson, Simple Putting Lesson, Simple Bunker Lesson, Conquer the chipping "YIPS"--I DID. and Practise -Tournament Routines/Drills.
Each of these sections will then sell for just under $20.00. Still a great price to sort out a particular problem. But you can still get the current tutorial which contains all of the above here. But you will need to act fast as the price should already have been altered.
I have tried the Basic swing module and the chipping module and have nothing but praise for both. His instructions are easy to follow and accompanied by photos that compliment the text. I found the chipping tutorial particularly useful and now I actually look forward to missing greens - just to try out what he says.
I truly can't wait for the updated versions because I think they will be big sellers.
Anyway that's all for the moment. Be sure to check out Play The Lie and let me know what you think.
Oh and I promise to keep this blog updated from now on.

No comments: